Scenario: You have logged on to your StreamServe hosting server only to find that the project you need to make changes on is completely locked.
Prerequisite: You need to have full administer rights to the server.
Figure 1 illustrates the project in complete lockdown.
Explanation: It appears another user has the project open on an active or idle session.
Solution: Kill (Log Off) the other user’s session.
- Close down the locked project.
- Open the Task Manager on the server.
- Select the Users tab – here should be at least two sessions, including your session.
- Identify the offending session by looking at the Client and the Status.
- Right-click on the session and click Log Off.
- Wait for a short time to make sure it has been removed from the Users tab thus ensuring that the session has been logged off.
- Open the project which now will be unlocked.
Export, deploy and test!